Author Topic: Hello from the land of the midnight sun  (Read 2464 times)

Offline RippoZero

Hello from the land of the midnight sun
« on: April 08, 2019, 02:02:33 PM »
Hey all! I've been using home distiller for some time. This place caught my interest since automation is generally frowned upon there. I am very interested in learning the theory behind distillation and being able to apply it. In particular I'm interested in simulation.

My rig is a modular inline slanted plate bokakob. It's designed so that the column can be packed into the boiler witch is a 25L stainless casserole. I've gone into more detail on my rig and other stuff I've made over at home distiller: https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67728

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
Re: Hello from the land of the midnight sun
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:54:18 PM »
Hidihi,Yep that is a fine looking stil.
What heat source do you use ?

About Hd and other forums you never can compaire apples with pears BUT both are fruits.

On Eparrot forum we keep it a bit loose and enjoy when people come up with some inventions,but also if people are able to duplicate what others have contributed.
Examples like the eparrot and the efunnel but also little tricks.

So I hope you enjoy reading and maybe contribute a little also,on the topic part TODAY you  can always post what keeps you busy ,building ,fermenting or just something you did today.
You find the topic today  here :
http://eparrot.org/index.php?topic=146.msg8018#new

Better bad weather than no weather

Offline Hooch

Re: Hello from the land of the midnight sun
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:40:50 PM »
Nice build.  Easy to stash vs my too tall to fit through the doorway column.    HD I consider the definitive reference on most things ethanol,  and their goal is to prevent Darwin Award winners, but they do get a little *insert name of favourite fanatical zealot organization* about many things.  Then again, I just saw a company use the clear plastic hose we all use for siphoning to connect the top of the column to the product condenser, breaking the cardinal "no plastic" rule. 

I am big on automation, you will find Edwin's ABV temp tables very handy to run simulations from. 

Have fun!