Author Topic: Labels Anyone ??  (Read 15271 times)

Offline Swedish Pride

Re: Labels Anyone ??
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 01:27:13 PM »
Nice labels, and a lovely bottle.
I don't even bottle stuff that's for me, just take it out of the demi in to the glass I'm drinking in and cut with water

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 10:37:50 PM »
Today I tested cricut printable vinyl ,this is special paper and can be used with any normal color inktjet.
SO NOT FOR LASER PRINTER.

I printed 4 labels on a A4 sheet  cut it into 4 pieces and went to the sink and let right away water running on the label ,all was fine no color was running or fading after that I was rubbing with my fingers over the label under running water ......and believe it or not the label was fine.
Normaly a 5 minit dry time should be taken.

I took a new label and removed the back covering paper the label,is sticky and can be add to the bottle right away ,if you make a mistake you can remove it without any damage and put it on again.

It is available on ebay on ali etc or hobby shop.
I will not lable all my bottels but sometines it is nice if you give it as a present,or if you have bottles you use over and over again for your rum or whisky.

EDIT: tested with 40% alcohol no problem for the label even when rubbing ,80% no problem but after rubbing about 6 times the ink came loose from the paper,but this was extreme,so this vinyl is perfect cor our use.

Here a movie from you tube that shows exact the same test I did.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:43:30 AM by ketel3 »
Better bad weather than no weather

Offline YHB

• VS Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 09:33:08 AM »
Nice tip  :)

My current method is to use plain paper and cover it with transparent self adhesive vinyl.

I have one bottle labelled for each drink and store the rest in demijohns out of sight.

Toodlepip

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:44:49 PM by ketel3 »
Where Thrift Becomes An Art-Form

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
Nice tip  :)

My current method is to use plain paper and cover it with transparent self adhesive vinyl.

I have one bottle labelled for each drink and store the rest in demijohns out of sight.

Toodlepip
And that is not the complete story OUT OF SIGHT ........ and with a lock on it  ;D

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 01:06:04 AM »
Gentleman,I found a free label making app on android with extra ordinary possibillitys.
You can add photo's or a existing label and resize or rework with  special effects.

You can add tekst with several layouts into all kind of colors,you are able to add shadows to the tekst ,or make the tekst in a cirkel or part of a cirkel,make the tekst large or smaller.
Change brightness,and more and more.

You can download ,or safe them into the app for later use.
You can turn the layout in several directions ,change horizon,add all kind of background colors.

If you try this app look for the almost hidden possibilitys according to the tekst as it took me a few hours to find out,at first sight it looked a very simplifyd app but there are plenty of things to discover so give it a try,and look for the hidden features.

here the link,as it is free you see sometimes a little adds but noting is realy a problem,as only at the end you see a small advertising ...so you can work into the app without any rubisch.
Availible from google play store so it is safe.

http://logopit.net/#Download

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:17:30 AM by ketel3 »

Offline YHB

• VS Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »
It certain looks good.

But no Android   :(
Where Thrift Becomes An Art-Form

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 02:28:44 PM »
Time to get a cheap android tablet ,My advise  maybe a    teclast,     Chinese brand.
My wife has one dual boot with windows 10  and android.
9"7 inch and a wonderfull screen.

I use a very old Pipo p1 for daily surfing.

It is very good as energy saver compaired to a energy eating desktop,so after a year you earned it back.
Here a test with the app
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:04:28 PM by ketel3 »

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 02:11:59 PM »
Doint you think a rum label should be a bit extra in color and for a rum label it is nice of a little overdone  or not ?

Something like this maybe,

Offline ShiFu

• eParrot.org
  • Admin
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »
Thinking... rum... pirates, treasure chest, skull and crossbones.
You are on the right track K3  :)
Stay calm and follow the screaming people.

Offline Skannofen

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 01:06:02 AM »
The quality of the paper should greatly increase the "authenticity" feel of such labels. I imagine there has to be some thin blank paper one could print on. (As opposed to matte stock printer A4). Hmm.

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 01:11:39 AM »
The quality of the paper should greatly increase the "authenticity" feel of such labels. I imagine there has to be some thin blank paper one could print on. (As opposed to matte stock printer A4). Hmm.
Skannofen,sorry I do not understand what you are saying,my native langua  is not Englisch can you explane please.

The paper I used is printable vinyl ,as it is waterproof right out of the inkjet printer,are you speaking about transparant paper maybe ?
Cheers k3

Offline ShiFu

• eParrot.org
  • Admin
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 05:06:29 AM »
I think it is amazing that the labels you describe can be "waterproof right out of the inkjet printer".
Probably it is glass then ink then vinyl so the vinyl protects the ink.

Usually you don't want anything that is printed by inkjet to get close to a liquid.
This seems to be a very good solution, K3.

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
I think it is amazing that the labels you describe can be "waterproof right out of the inkjet printer".
Probably it is glass then ink then vinyl so the vinyl protects the ink.

Usually you don't want anything that is printed by inkjet to get close to a liquid.
This seems to be a very good solution, K3.

I was very sceptical about it , but it works,right out the printer under running water unbelieveable.

It is not cheap but used for special bottles  is great to have this option.

Offline Skannofen

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 11:40:55 PM »
@ketel3: Nah, I was just remembering that labels on licquer bottles usually are quite thin and "shiny". I was thinking aloud  ;) I have not seen such paper for laser printers.

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 01:01:59 AM »
Aha,but for laser printers there is another product avalilable,see YT or just google it.

Further there is a spray available to cover and give extra protection against uv light,but that is more in case you want tyo use the labels into direct sunlight.

Offline Myles

• Pro
  • Souvenirs from Mali, 1980
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »
Doint you think a rum label should be a bit extra in color and for a rum label it is nice of a little overdone  or not ?

Something like this maybe,

YES. I like the overdone concept.

Offline ketel3

• Admin
  • Eparrot.org
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2018, 01:11:58 AM »
I realy want you guys to have a look at this label,note it will be cut in the right angle after printing.
I made a Gin ( together with the nose ) with only local ingredients and this label with faded away on the background a juniper tree and from coloring a bit nostalgic will be on the bottles well eh no WE will not use botlles but something else and I will post more under gin topic later.
Unfortunate for you the label is made in my language  :) there is no abv on the label for a good  reason we  (the nose and I ) would like to let the people ask and after that gues the abv ,and they will be supprised that it is so smooth.

But we wanted you to have a look at the label now,please feel free to give comments.

Offline ShiFu

• eParrot.org
  • Admin
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 05:29:20 AM »
I love the "old style" look.